On Wednesday May 24th, 2017, MichianaTiming and Comstock Park Public Schools with the help of many volunteers and sponsors will present the sixth annual MetroHealth Sports Medicine Scholarship Invitational.
This meet is the preeminent meet in west Michigan for end of the season individual and relay performances. It is open to all ninth through twelth grade high school runners for competition and to seniors for scholarship applications.
Field start: 4:oo pm
Running start: 5:15 pm
Scholarship applications are due by Wednesday, May 17th at noon! Use this link to apply for the scholarship if you are a senior.
EVENT ENTRIES ARE DUE ON-LINE VIA ATHLETIC.NET BY NOON on Tuesday the day prior to the meet! Any entries after that time are $10 per individual per event. Prior to that time entries are $5 per event entry with a $40 per team cap per gender or $80 per school. Checks should be payable to MichianaTiming.com LLC. If mailing in advance please mail to MichianaTiming.com LLC, Attn: Lindsey/MetroHealth Registration, 553 Parkovash, South Bend, IN 46617.
Enter Here: (link to Athletic.net)
Scholarship entries are due Wednesday at 12:00 p.m. the week prior to the event.
Athletes and relay team members are eligible to compete if they meet one of the following criteria:
1. Met the D3 Regional AQ Standard for the current year as published by the MHSAA for individual events, or
2. Met the D4 State AQ Standard for the current year as published by the MHSAA for relay events, or
3. Are a state meet qualifier in any event, or
4. Are the champion or runner-up at your conference meet, or
5. Are a scholarship applicant regardless of meeting any of the above standards, or
6. Request entry from the meet manager based on ability to be competitive and that request is granted.
While most entries will be based on the above considerations, special consideration will also be given to one or two teams who need a meet in this time space and their entire team will be permitted to compete with advance approval.
2017 Title Sponsor: MetroHealth Sports Medicine
Awards Sponsor: Recognition Inc. – Individual Awards Gold Plus Sponsor
Maksims Safety Service – Car Repair Done Right!
We are actively seeking volunteers and sponsors. If you are able to volunteer, please email events AT michianatiming DOT com. If you are interested in sponsoring, please use our Sponsor Package.
*Platinum sponsor: title the event after your organization, taken by Metro Health Sports Medicine
*Gold sponsor: includes dual gender event sponsorship, booth at the event if desired, and more
*Silver sponsor: includes dual gender event sponsorship, and more
*Bronze sponsor: includes single gender event sponsorship.
(full details are shown in the sponsor packet).
The event will results in a minimum of four scholarships being presented to High School Seniors who participated in the event. One each will be presented to a boy and one to a girl who attend a public high school and one each to a boy and a girl who attend a private/charter/home school. Others may receive a lesser amount depending on sponsorships available.
To be eligible the student must:
• Fill Out This Form!
• Demonstrate academic success as requested.
• Participate in the meet, but recipient will NOT be chosen based on meet results.
- Applications by May 17, 2017 at noon.
- Scholarships winners will be announced at the meet.
- Must be present and compete to be eligible to receive and award.